Friday, August 27, 2010

Pink Pic Friday -Unfinished Fundraiser Quilt

Oooooh...pixel-y.

This is just the top. I know...it looks done, but anyone who's ever made a quilt knows that there's still a lot left to do once the top is done. I wish someone had told me that before I jumped into the project!! Now, I do have to say that I made 2 tops, and one actually did become a finished quilt. But this one, well...

I'd like to finish it. But where to find the time? I was able to do one last year because I wasn't training as much. I did a decent job (as first quilts go), but I'm not so sure it was worth the trade-off with all those training miles. I'm pretty sure DC would have been an even better walk without my blisters.

So this year, no finished quilt, but I have logged well over 135 training miles. And something tells me that I'm going to be better off because of it. ...I'll let you know for sure come November when I'm done walking Tampa.

The time will come when I finish this quilt. And hopefully many more. But for right now, training for this walk and curing breast cancer are just gonna have to come first.

Until next time, Happy walking!

Be blessed-
Julie

1 comment: